Friday 20 March 2015

'Susan Bates' Finishing Needles

I had a chance to try out a new (well new to me) product, while I was away in Sydney. This product, I had bought some time ago, but like all good yarn crafters, I have a favourite sewing up needle, and rarely stray. So since I was off to Sydney for a small break (yes, I took away some commission work to finish off, but trust me when it was finished I had a break!)..... back on track...... I was not going to risk taking my favourite needle away with me, with a higher chance of loosing it somewhere far away.

So I decided to give this new product a whirl. The product is the 'Susan Bates Finishing Needles'.... did I like it, well yes, will I change from my favourite needle.... ahh no.

Don't get me wrong, it was good, once you got used to it, and it definitely has major advantages with weaving in short loose ends, and that being said, I wish I still had the link to a video on their use, as it really highlights the dreaded short end fixing.

The finishing needles come in various sizes, to cover loads of yarn thickness, and I will most definitely be using the very large ones, with the really thick yarns, that I would weave in using a crochet hook.

Susan Bates does have a Facebook page with some other interesting accessories, the Tassel maker which I am might just have to try out!
https://www.facebook.com/SusanBatesHooksNeedles
 

1 comment: