Tuesday 24 February 2015

Nuno Felting & More

Today I have been trying something new with Nuno Felting. Now before I go on, I must credit the idea to Annie Huntley (whom I do not know) the designer of a pattern using this technique that I bought from the Stitches & Craft Show last year. The pattern was actually for a small jacket, but I thought it would get more wear as a scarf!

The other scarves I have made, I laid the tops and other bits on the silk scarf from scratch, however this technique, one does a little felting first then makes the shapes. Not sure how much I can divulge, since the pattern is copyright, but I did find that I needed to do a little needle felting as well to ensure it matted together. I also added some stranded silk for some cool squiggly bits!

I love the result and can't wait to try some more of this technique with other shapes and patterns!




 
I also managed to knit up some wristlets with my Pantry dyed yarn. Dyed with Onions, Purple Carrots, Tumeric & Rusty Iron Pot. Not normally colours I would but together but I love them, and that is what counts!


I also tried my hand at a little Art Yarn in the form of Bee-hive or Coils, not perfect, but I reckon by the end I had the technique down pat, just need to practice making better Thick and Thin yarn me thinks.




I suppose I had better do some housework now!

No comments:

Post a Comment