Friday 5 December 2014

Blending Board for Spinning

So after my last post, where I purchased some ready blended Rolags, I loved the idea of the blending so much I bought a Blending Board! What a lot of fun these are, and so far I am being pretty conservative with my blends. I can't wait to get my 'groovy' on and really mix it up.

Anyhoo, here is my first blend..... Some Chocolate with a hint of orange through it, in Pure Wool (that was in a specials bag at the http://handweaversandspinnersguildofvictoria.org.au/ - that needed a lot of love as it was getting towards the old felted stage), some Raspberry Merino (mmm, just the thought of raspberries makes me feel good), and some Natural Alpaca.



.... and so the blending begins, this is a lot of fun, and they look so cool when they come off the board.

 
 
 
 Now they are complete, off to the Wheel for my second proper spin with purpose!
 

My singles still need a lot of work, but plying certainly hides the imperfections.... well to me 'the novice' it does.

 
.... and here are my 2 lovely hanks! Now what to do with them? (had I have been able to make some workable singles, I think these colours, with the blending, would have been pretty cool woven, a project for the future perhaps)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment