Sunday 21 December 2014

A productive weekend of Crafting!

So before I open up the boxes I just received full of yarn to knit up for work, I thought I would post a photo of 2 of the things I managed to do over the weekend.

1. Dyed up some old cream yarn to finally have a play with the botanical dyeing skills that I learnt back in September. Onion Skins for Orange, Turmeric for Yellow, Purple Carrots for the Mauve. I also played a little with Alder Cones, but this was not so successful for my first go, so ended up mixing it up a bit with a little Turmeric on some and Purple Carrots on the other. Happy with my first solo go, and eager to do some serious dyeing now.

2. Finished my Yarn Swift that I made at 'Ladies in the Shed' it was made from very cheap pine that was used for packing, so little bit of up cycling for the day. Now I do not have to bother my family! (Whom are all boys, well men now really, and not at all interested in textiley, yarny, crafty stuff)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment