Saturday 8 November 2014

Tryphena Storer

I am flat out working at the moment, so while I am still playing with textiles, sadly they are not for me..... so I will share a little piece I have from my Ancestral collection.

This previously hung in my Nanna's house and I only vaguely ...
remember it then. However, I remember my mum getting the framed piece, and removed it and replacing it with a mirror.....which is hanging in my lounge room now.

Seems a little odd, but It was not the right frame for this piece, so I will soon be off to look for a suitably sized and styled frame, so it can get back up on the wall.

This was made by my Great Grandmother, my mum's, mum's, mum. I think it is nice to have something that has come down through the girls in the family, especially as she was just a girl of 12 when it was made. (I do not have a photo of here at 12, pictured here is one looking every bit the young lady that would embroider!)


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment