Wednesday 12 November 2014

A Busy Week!

These are my completed items from 'Ladies in the Shed' this morning. Buttons, a Diz, a 35mm crochet hook..... and a very sore sanded finger ...not all done in one day though, over a few visits!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ladies-in-the-Shed-Chelsea/352699021553633




Some time ago I came across the knitting tool 'Fix-A-Stitch'. This, I thought, was a brilliant tool and bought a set.

This was some months ago and while I rather not make a mistake, last night I was knitting garter and with 2 strands of y...
arn together. Since I knit away without looking I will always find a stitch that has only had one strand knitted in. So I finally got to use the new tool..... and it is 'brilliant'!

Well done to the inventor! Now fixing garter or moss stitch will not be accompanied with words not befitting a lady!

Here is a link to the website.
http://www.fixastitch.com/

As mention in my last post, my trip to the 'Ladies in the Shed' resulted in a sore sanded finger.... well what a blessing that had been!

While I am a 'Thrower' (English style, yarn in right hand) this was proving rather annoying as it hit my sore finger every stitch. So time to perfect 'Picking' (Continental style, yarn in left hand). I was shown this some years ago, and thought this would prove faster.... alas a few goes, kept going back to throwing.

So I persisted and am now happy that I am as fast with a knit stitch 'picking' as I am 'throwing' and I am also happy with the tension. Perfecting the 'purl' stitch will have to wait though, as this is still very slow for me.

Interestingly enough the 'World's Faster Knitting' is a Scottish 'Thrower'.
http://news.stv.tv/video/1593917786/

Also, after researching Fair-isle knitting, they often use both methods to speed up the colour changing, and this is next on my list to perfect!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment