Monday 8 September 2014

My Macramé Bottles

My Bottles are finished, and while I stuck with the basics, I am happy with the colours and shapes of the collective group.

They were all worked the same, with 18 sets of cords attached with a Larks Head Knot, giving me 36 working cords. I...
worked close Square Knots down the bottle Neck, then added an addition mounting cord and a row of Double Half Hitches. Then I went back to Square knots spacing them by about 2.5cms creating a fishnet look. Finished off the base with an addition mounting cord and a row of Double Half Hitches. Cut the cords to about 1.5cms and glued a disc of Felt at the base to hide the cords.


Now here are the basic Instructions to get you started with some simple Macramé!
There are loads of ideas on the internet and when you have a little play with the knots, you will see how straight forward it is!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcax4lo43zcdsmc/Macrame%20instruction%20leaflet.pdf?dl=0
 

No comments:

Post a Comment